Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Google
 

22 July 2006

I am still Pinay at Heart

Today, 21st of July 2006 I became a U.S. citizen.
I am an American and a pure pinay heart.

After 12 years living here in America I decided to become a U.S. citizen, my reason was just incase we'll be living to Pinas and if I want to be in & out the country will not be hard for me. One thing I can say, "America gave me a freedom of thought and truly a happy person".

The process wasn't so bad at all, took 5 months and that's it. The interview & the test which everyone said its hard, nah, it's so easy as long as you know the 1st president, the president now, the senators in your state, the governor, the capital of your state, the chief of justice, how many stars are their in the flag and all. They give you 10 questions for US history and you are allowed to have 4 wrong so not bad right? So, to those who wants to apply a U.S. citizen don't worry about it, it's so easy.

Anyway, update for my father in-law, he is okay right now but doctor told him he only have 2 or 4 weeks to live. Very sad but he is old and his body is giving up. He had full of life and very happy person. We are going to see him right now spend time with him. We'll be driving to MA, on the way, we'll stop to NY pick up Tom's sister and her daughter. It's gonna be nice I haven't meet his sister yet, I'm so excited and nervous at the same time cause for the first time I'll meet his sisters.

While we're there I'll take advantage to meet Barb & Mira for the first time. Ladies, see you soon.

All for now and you guys have a wonderful weekend. Hugs & kisses to all!